Sunday, April 7, 2013

West Coast Living


I live on the West Coast and honestly couldn't imagine living anywhere else. (Except perhaps the more southern area of the West Coast instead of the northern area, but that's neither here nor there.) I love the ocean and the feeling of day to day living. I'm not sure if it's the city I live in or my own mindset coloring my view, but we are generally laid back and hippies. 

One of my friends always calls me a hippie because I'm a vegetarian and like to be barefoot (socks are yucky). I don't think those are the two deciding factors in hippie-dom (is that even a word?!) but I do make my own granola and sprout seeds, so...

The ocean is about fifteen minutes away from me by car (forty by bus which is my usual mode of transportation) and it's nice to get out there and just breathe it in. Anyone who has access to the sound of waves (I mean the real sound of waves, not a wave machine app) knows what I'm talking about when I say there is something both calming and awe-inspiring about the ocean. 

Not really sure where this post is going or coming from, but just a few ramblings on my place of living. Sometimes it's good to just let the words come (therapeutic maybe) and ponder about why you love where you are right now. 

Where are you right now? What makes it amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment