Monday, February 11, 2013

Project Life at My desk


It's been nearly a month and a half of Project Life 2013, can you believe that? Time flies.

What I Do: 
I print pictures and work on it all week but do the last minute printing and such on Sunday morning. I never plan out my pages or figure out what should go where. I guess you could say I fly by the seat of my pants as far as PL goes. (Which is funny because I plan out the rest of my life to the minute.)

I like taking an hour here and there to print pictures and work on a 3x4 or 4x6 canvas. It seems doable. Sometimes the no planning means I have a bunch of pictures on Sunday but no space so I'll either add a small middle insert or the pictures will go into the month calendar/folder that goes at the beginning of each month. 

(For your info: I print pictures on my Kodak ESP 7250 printer that I mostly love because the ink is super cheap and the quality is mostly good. I use Staples semi-gloss photo paper.)

What I Like:
  • having PL open on my desk so I can work on it for 10 minutes or 2 hours depending on what my day looks like
  • printing at home - printing at Walmart or where ever would never work for me
  • using different page protectors each week (I got the PL Big Variety Pack One which features six different designs)
  • having designated workspace for PL (and any other crafts I'm doing)
Observations:
While I'm so loving doing the 12x12 format this year and am glad it's working for me, I think next year to change it up I might try a different size. Just to see. I'm finding this year I'm not using as many inserts yet, but that may change. 

Do you know what I love tho? That even though my life isn't crazy exciting, there's always something to document and share and say and express. Life is what you make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment