Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Upcycled Ring


One of my favorite pieces of jewelry is this big wooden ring. I wore it a lot. As you can see from the photo below it's become very scuffed and worn. So I haven't worn it in awhile and it seems like such a waste.


So I decided to upcycle. It's something I've been thinking about doing for awhile, but then finally did it this past weekend. I was trying to figure out what color to paint it and originally thought I'd use turquoise since it's my favorite but then I thought gold and knew it was the right colour!


It took about six coats and it's a little bumpy but to be honest I don't even care because it's now wearable and lovely I think. 


I will definitely be wearing this a lot! I want to maybe get some kind of varnish or sealer for it to make it less likely to chip - but for now I'll just be careful and keep the gold paint standing by for touch ups.

What have you upcycled lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment